Monday, June 2, 2014

Do-It-Yourself Meesha Popular YouTuber Killed

I have just learned that the fashion community has lost a very inspirational young lady, Tamisha Evette Ridge, DIYmeesha on YouTube.  This is very disheartening and there is really nothing I can say that has not already been said in the news about her life and death.  Although I was not an avid viewer of her channel I of course had come across a few of her videos over the years being as she also tried to encourage people not to fear expressing their creative drive and to dive into fashion design. I was immediately struck by her happy, welcoming teaching style. Her effortless, intuitive approach to design encouraged viewers to try their hand. Her three children are left behind.  Let's please honor her memory by not letting anything or anyone hinder our desire to follow our dreams.  Here is one of my favorite videos by Meesha from a couple of years ago.








For full story: http://www.news10.net/story/news/local/2014/05/15/sacramento-murder-victim-was-a-youtube-hit-for-fashion/9151163/

No comments: