Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year















The turkey I made for New Year's Eve dinner was a success! Although it is a common thing in the U.S.A. to cook a turkey for special holidays, here in Argentina it was a big surprise. The younger kids were squealing, "That's a huge chicken!" The teenagers made a few silly jokes. It came out juicy (for a turkey anyway) and since it is summer here we ate it at room temperature with different sauces that are usually eaten with a "pata flambeada" (a roasted cow leg). Enjoy these few pictures from our evening with aunts, uncles, cousins and in-laws. Please don't laugh at what I did with my makeup. I only realized the next day when I saw the pictures of myself next to the turkey. To see all the pictures go to http://www.picasaweb.google.com/petitpoix
























No comments: